Thursday, October 3, 2013

Believing In Yourself

Sometimes I feel like I can be my own worst enemy when instead I should be my biggest cheerleader and supporter.  Life is so much easier and challenges don't seem quite as hard when we believe in ourselves.  As social workers we are excellent at finding the strengths in our clients.  We see resiliency and strengths in even the most difficult and seemingly hopeless situations.  Why can't we do this for ourselves?

In my clinical practice with groups class we are learning about running a self esteem support group and one of my peers shared this quote.   It really made me think about how important it is to believe in myself:

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe,  deserve your love and affection." -Buddha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, comments, questions, critiques, etc.