Saturday, September 14, 2013

Studying

One of the biggest difference between my undergraduate career and graduate school is that I really try to learn not just for the grade, but because I will need the skills and knowledge in my profession.

In high school, I had a little sheet of paper with a quote by Albert Einstein on it hanging in my locker.  When I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed this quote helped remind me why I was working so hard. The note said:

"Never regard study as a duty but as an enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belong."

- Albert Einstein

In graduate school, this quote still inspires me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas, comments, questions, critiques, etc.